Sunday, April 15, 2007

6 September 1989 'Getting More luxurious as each day passes'

Our campsite is getting more luxurious as each day passes! Yesterday Brian set up a fluorescent light in the shack which runs off the ‘solar batter; so we were able to see all the spiders running around easily and I was able to cross stitch all evening.
I spoke to the lady who runs ‘Busy Fingers’ a craft gallery in town and I told her about my t-shirts and cross stitch and she was most interested. They sell work with a 30% mark-up. So I’m presently making Christmas theme designs in cross stitch so I can put them in Christmas cards.
I was bitten by a wasp yesterday (It was lurking on the broom handle) between my thumb and forefinger the area is still swollen and feels bruised to touch. I planted seeds for corn, carrots, zucchini and mint in all the containers I could find and I set up the mushroom kit.
We had our 1st visitors Frank and Bob who live on some of the newer blocks. They stayed for a few ‘shelf beers’ which were surprisingly cool as the day was beautiful with blue sunny skies.
We also had our best night’s sleep as I put a space mat under the lilo, another blanket on the lilo and then our doona on tops so we were very warm all night and so had trouble getting of bed this morning.
Vivian 6.9.89

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Viv, this is an amazing blog and a great idea.

I picked you up from your comment on the Parramatta Community College blog about elearning - as soon as I saw Coonabarabran and Vivian I knew it was you!

What classs are you doing via Canada. Your recent research on social networking looks mighty!

Please visit my blog at www.participatecontributelearn.blogspot.com. I have started writing poetry! Anyway nice to touch base, and we will be working together in Mlearning Leadership Network too!

Cheers
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home